Saturday, August 03, 2002

August 3, 2002: Nothing going on today except my nursing duties. I managed to change the dressings without killing Judy, but I'm so clumsy that it was touch and go for a while there. The incision is very clean, what with all the fluid going into the drain (which I've had to empty twice, so far). Looks like I might have to buy some more tape and possibly some more gauze pads later on.

Later this afternoon I'll give the lawnmower one last chance. I'm tired of messing around with it and having it worked on every summer. A new one might not be any better, but it should get me through a couple of years before it quits on me.

OK, I got a new lawnmower. At Wal-Mart. I asked the checker for help (lawnmowers are heavy). There were five employees in a little knot standing nearby, talking about their rich, full personal lives, I guess. The checker didn't have to call them but three times before she finally got the attention of one of them. He very reluctantly helped me get the mower onto a cart. The checker asked him to help me load it into the truck, but he clearly didn't want to do that. Why, he'd have to walk out into the hot parking lot! I got tired of it and pulled the cart out into the lot myself. When I got to the truck, I saw him emerge from the door. So, what the heck, I waited. Why deny him the exercise. he helped me load it and started to leave. I figured that if he didn't pull the cart back, I sure wasn't going to do it. But after a couple of steps he turned back and I gave him the handle. A typical employee? I hate to think so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

walmart employees are bred in a compound in saudi arabia. they are first artifically formed in a vial from the embryos of mollusks. they are fed a mixture of sodium pentathol and barbiturates to make them listless and then allowed to grow in a vat until they reach the dimensions of a midrange sedan. their tongues are lengthened and artificially swollen so that they are always visible outside the face and their legs are pumped with mud and oatmeal until they are circular as building pillars and splay outwards when they take steps. just before they punch-in for their first day of "work" they have their brains removed and replaced with
a portion of their entrails so that everything they see they want to eat. this feature helps keeps the parking lot clean.

mybillcrider said...

That explains a lot.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.