Thursday, August 12, 2004

Road Trip

Today Judy and I are hitting the road for Austin, where we'll be attending the annual Armadillocon, a regional science-fiction convention. We've been going to this one for eight or ten years now, and we always enjoy it. The fact that it's in Austin doesn't hurt.

Tonight, we'll go to Jovita's Mexican Restaurant to see the Cornell Hurd Band. Our son, Allen, works the soundboard for the band. He also produces their CDs, but you probably can't find those outside of Texas.

Tomorrow evening we'll visit my sister, and I'll talk to her book club about writing. Supposedly everyone will have actually read one of my books. It ain't Oprah, but I'll take what I can get.

I'll drag the ancient laptop to the convention, and if I get a chance, I might even do a little light blogging.

1 comment:

James Reasoner said...

Wish I could be there. Armadillocon is probably my favorite convention. Say hello to everyone for me.