Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Charlaine Harris

Last night Judy and I went to Murder by the Book in Houston where Charlaine Harris was signing her new book, Dead as a Doornail, a Sookie Stackhouse novel. We've known her for years, and it's great to see her having such a great success with her Sookie series. I have to admit that the books have everything: vampires, shape shifters, sex, violence, romance, and Bubba. It's hard to beat a combination like that.

Charlaine has a new series coming out from Berkeley books this fall, and it sounds like another winner. It's about a woman who, after being struck by lightning, discovers that she has the ability to find corpses. I'm looking forward to reading it.

That being said, I think my favorites among Charlaine's many excellecnt books are the ones about Lily Bard (Shakespeare's Landlord, Shakespeare's Champion, etc.). Luckily for readers everywhere, Berkeley is reprinting these. Check 'em out. Along with all the others, of course.

No comments: