Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Five Things You Didn't Know About "A Charlie Brown Christmas"


FIVE THINGS: About 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': "Many say no TV show captures the magic of the season like 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' does. Charlie Brown's search for the true meaning of the holiday transports us back to a simpler time, pre-cable, pre-Internet, pre-adulthood. Sigh."

Forty years ago, Judy and I were getting ready to spend out first Christmas as a married couple. I still remember going out and buying the tree. One thing we did was watch A Charlie Brown Christmas on the little B&W portable TV set that we'd bought. It was several years before I ever saw the program in color. I guess I'll have to watch it tonight for sentimental reasons.

1 comment:

James Reasoner said...

I just watched it. It's as wonderful as ever, crude animation, continuity glitches, and all. I would have been 12 when it was first broadcast, and I've seen it nearly every Christmas since then.