Friday, March 10, 2006

It Might as well be Spring

It's a well-known fact that I hate to mow the lawn. The only good thing about the drought conditions in Texas this year is that I didn't have to mow in January of February like I did last year. Today, however, I cranked up the old mower and shoved it over the lawn for an hour or so. I'll admit it looks better. The neighbors on both sides had mowed a week or more ago, but I refused to give in. I couldn't put it off any longer, however. Now the grind begins, week after week. The heat. The humidity. The sweat. The whining. I'm really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

Try mowing a lawn with dropoffs and obstacles all over the place. I just wish I had enough green grassy spots in the yard so mowing the lawn created a nice picture. Sounds like Judy needs to buy you a riding mower.

Unknown said...

Judy doesn't care if I sweat and moan. She just ignores me.