Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Happy Birthday, Clint Walker!

Clint Walker is 79 years old today. I was lucky enough to see a lot the reruns of Cheyenne before Time-Warner pulled the Goodlife Channel off our cable. I think there might have been something in his contract requiring him to remove his shirt about once an episode. I remember watching these shows and enjoying them when I was a kid, and I liked them just as much the second time around. Part of the fun was in seeing which WB contract player would be guest-starring, but Walker's the one who carried the show. He did a great job of it, too. Clint has a dandy website here.

2 comments:

Flip Dixon said...

Thanks for the beefcake. That's the real reason I read this blog.

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Sorry to hear they pulled GoodLifeTV--"the channel where old TV shows go to die"--from the lineup, Bill. Now we're both in the same boat.