Saturday, June 17, 2006

Retro Pulp Tales:

So I'm here at the Sofitel Hotel in Houston. The MWA workshop is over, and I've been reading some of the stories from the anthology I mentioned in the post below. Wow. Joe Lansdale has really put together a terrific anthology. It opens with James Reasoner's "Devil Wings over France: a 'Dead-Stick' Mallory Story." This is all action, all the time, and it's like something ripped from the pages of Daredevil Aces. It's followed by Chet Williamson's "From the Back Pages, a story made up of letters from various pulp letter columns (the columns are all real even if the letters aren't) and a short excerpt from a story for Terror Tales. Great stuff. Then we get "Sex Slaves of the Dragon Tong" by F. Paul Wilson. I heard Wilson read this at ConDFW in February, and I've been wanting to read it myself ever since. A wonderful story with a great title. James Reasoner's title is a great one too. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the stories, even mine. I hope this book gets a mass market edition. It deserves one.

1 comment:

Couponfacet said...

It is really interesting to read. Thank you for sharing this post and I hope keep posting.