Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Hugo Awards, 2006

I've actually read John Scalzi's Old Man's War and Wilson's Spin. I've seen Serenity, too. Maybe I should have gone to WorldCon. I believe the Beagle's novelette is available at the F&SF site. Good to see Betty Ballantine getting a special award, too. It's hard to believe, but I read Harlan Ellison's first story in Infinity all those years ago. Who'd have thought?

JOHN W. CAMPBELL AWARD: John Scalzi
Fan Artist: Frank Wu
Fan Writer: Dave Langford
Fanzine: PLOKTA
Semiprozine: LOCUS
Professional Artist: Donato Giancola
Professional Editor: David G. Hartwell
Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: "Doctor Who," "The
Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances"
Dramatic Presentation, Long Form: SERENITY
Best Related Book: Kate Wilhelm, STORYTELLER
Short Story: David D. Levine, "Tk'tk'tk"
Novelette: Peter S. Beagle, "Two Hearts"
Novella: Connie Willis, "Inside Job"
Novel: Robert Charles Wilson, SPIN
Special Award: Betty Ballantine, for lifetime achievement
Special Award: Harlan Ellison, for fifty years of publishing fiction

2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I am in the process of reading Old Man's War right now and am really enjoying it. If it continues to be as good as it is thus far then I'm happy he won the award.

mybillcrider said...

I liked that one quite a bit.