Tuesday, January 02, 2007

January Magazine's Best Books of 2006

Feature | Best Books of 2006

Once again, the editors of January Magazine are pleased to bring you our favorite books of the year we're just about to move out of. We've left things quite late again this time. We keep noticing that Best of compilations are getting earlier and earlier each year. After a while, this ceases to make sense. For once thing, if you publish your best of first, it's not possible to have read all the books that you feel should be in contention. So January's Best of list isn't the earliest. At all. In fact, coming as it does very nearly on the final day of the year, it should be the latest. The last word. I like that.




powered by performancing firefox

4 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I see you and I were overlooked again. I assume in my case it's because my book wasn't released until a week before the year ended. I'll bet I get screwed out of an Edgar and a Pulitzer, too.

Unknown said...

They overlook me every year, but you're just getting started.

Linda L. Richards said...

Hey, don't feel bad: they keep overlooking me, as well. And you'd think I'd be in a pretty good position to trick someone or something. No dice.

Unknown said...

I have to admit that I figured you might have the inside track.