Friday, May 25, 2007

Gator Update: They're Learning New Tricks

Gator Visits Suburb: "WESLEY CHAPEL - A 6- to 7-foot alligator drew a small crowd of incredulous onlookers Thursday evening in the Morningside neighborhood in Meadow Pointe.

As the reptile attempted to climb the stucco wall of a house, near several electrical boxes, a woman across the street said, 'Oh my God.'

Pasco County sheriff's Deputy Todd Koenig said his agency was called to a house on Morning Mist Drive about 6:15 p.m.

Rick Skinner, onto whose property the gator crept, said it was the second one he had seen in his yard in five years. Homes on the street were built between at least two ponds.

'The other one was about a 5-footer,' Skinner said. 'It was in the middle of the night. We just left it alone, and it took care of itself.

'I would be of the mind to leave this one alone, too. If they trap it, they'll kill it, and what's the point of that? It's not hurting anybody.'"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of why you should be watching THE RICHES, if you aren't, Bill...gator subplot. It's cute, watching an alligator try to climb your stucco...till someone ends up having to replaster, replace a limb, or some other minor nuisance...

Unknown said...

I keep hearing that I should be watching The Riches. I do have some episodes recorded. Now, with the gator, I guess I'll have to tune in for sure.

Anonymous said...

Well, we tried to like The Riches but ultimately failed.

Anyway, thanks for the great picture. I want one of the gator on the guy's roof.