Monday, July 02, 2007

On the Road Again

Thanks to Jeff Meyerson for the link.

iWon News - Kerouac Fans Stage Marathon Reading: "BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - Admirers of author Jack Kerouac celebrated the 50th anniversary of 'On the Road' with a marathon reading of the novel. Fans and some close friends of the late author took turns reading his most famous novel aloud at Naropa University in Boulder on Saturday.

About 150 people listened to the cover-to-cover reading, which took 12 hours and kicked off the university's inaugural Kerouac Festival."

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

One of my regrets: I never saw the charm in his writing. Maybe I need to try it again.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Bill--
How is your wife doing? You've been in my thoughts and hope things are looking better.
Cate

mybillcrider said...

Patti, I was in high school when On the Road was published. I thought it was great. I re-read it in college and liked it just as much. I'm not at all sure how I'd feel about it now.

Cate, Judy's doing great, and thanks for asking. On July 11, we'll get the doctor's comments on the results of all the testing. We're hoping for the best possible outcome.