Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Croc Update (Hiding in a Tree Edition)

Thanks to Jeff Meyerson for this harrowing tale.

Croc target spent week up tree | NEWS.com.au: "CAPE York stockman David George has spent seven nights up a tree in a crocodile-infested swamp, bleeding and with little food - and lived to tell the tale.

The father-of-one and co-manager at Silver Plains cattle station yesterday told his remarkable tale of survival and rescue by chopper in rugged bushland near Coen, in the state's remote far north.

'Every night I was stalked by two crocs who would sit at the bottom of the tree staring up at me,' Mr George recalled yesterday.

'All I could see was two sets of red eyes below me and all night I had to listen to a big bull croc bellowing a bit further out.'"

2 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

Just so it wasn't the draft dodger of the same name. Him they can feed to the crocs.

Unknown said...

Hey, for all we know it could be the same guy, moved from Canada to Down Under.