Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Gator Update (Michigan Edition)

Photo of gator at link.

WZZM13 - Woman catches stray alligator outside G.R. apartment building: "Grand Rapids - A Grand Rapids woman says she used a broom and a cat carrier to safely capture a two-foot alligator lurking in the bushes outside her apartment building.

'I'm an animal lover, I love animals, I watch Animal Planet,' says Channing Haywood.

Haywood, 20, got a call from a friend coming for a visit Sunday afternoon.

He was outside her building on Oak Park Dr. SE, and said an alligator hissed and snapped at him from the bushes.

'He says, 'You won't believe it, there is an alligator',' recalls Haywood. 'I was like,'What are you talking about? This is Michigan.' I was on the balcony and I looked down between the bushes and it's sitting right there.' "

No comments: