Monday, July 14, 2008

Can Science Explain ABBA?

ABBA songs have staying power - The Boston Globe: "It only takes a single exposure, and in an instant, your whole day can change. The infection is rapid and feels potentially unending. One minute you're minding your own business and the next you find that you can't stop thinking, humming, or singing 'Dancing Queen.'

'Friday night and the lights are low. . .'

No matter what you try, you can't shake it. In fact, once you start thinking about ABBA, you're a goner. Next thing you know, you've moved to this: 'If you change your mind/ I'm the first in line. . .'"

7 comments:

Benjie said...

And now I'm there for the rest of the day -- "Take a chance, take a chance, take a take a cha chance"

mybillcrider said...

That's my favorite ABBA number. I've been playing it over and over this morning.

Joan Reeves said...

Hey, don't dis the perpetually upbeat ABBA. I'll be at the movies when Momma Mia opens. BTW, Bill, have you seen the croc movie showing Dish? Primeval with Dominic Purcell. High body count.

mybillcrider said...

There's no dissing of ABBA allowed on this blog.

I haven't see that movie, but I'll have to check the cable listings. I have Comcast, not Dish. Lucky me.

Benjie said...

No dissing of ABBA from me. I even convinced the Blushing Bride to buy the "Gold" collection for me when we were just newlyweds. We're anticipating Mama Mia with wide-eyed wonder.

Keith said...

I'll admit that I'm a fan. My parents were fans, so I heard them back when I was a kid. I've remained a fan over the years. They have some really catchy tunes that stick with you.

mybillcrider said...

I was far from a kid, but I loved 'em anyway.