Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ruth Rendell!

Ruth Rendell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "Ruth Barbara Rendell, Baroness Rendell of Babergh, CBE, (born 17 February 1930), who also writes under the pseudonym Barbara Vine, is an acclaimed English crime writer, known for her many psychological thrillers and murder mysteries.

Aside from her police procedurals starring her most enduring creation, Chief Inspector Wexford, Rendell (pronounced /ˈrɛndl, not /rɛnˈdɛl//) has written psychological crime novels wherein she explores themes such as sexual obsession, the effects of misperceived communication, the impact of chance and coincidence and the humanity of the criminals involved."

3 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

Happy birthday to the lady.
This brings back memories. It's been many years since I read one of her books.

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed her work over the years. I've gone on to genres other than mystery for pleasure reading. Rendell's novels are good psychology.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I think I have read more books by Rendell than any other author--of course it was before my one book per author rule.