Saturday, May 02, 2009

The 20 Best Bad Movies of the Past 20 Years

The 20 Best Bad Movies of the Past 20 Years [I Heart Movies] | I Heart Chaos: "Movies, like any other art form are highly subjective-- one man's Titanic is another man's Toxic Avenger. But there are some movies, for one reason or another, are generally accepted as being bad movies. Either because they flopped at the box office or because of budget constraints or public perception or just because they tried and succeeded in being a bad movie."

I'm glad to see Robot Jox on the list, as I got to kid Joe Haldeman about it at Armadillocon last year.

Link via Neatorama.

9 comments:

MysterLynch said...

Ralph Bakshi did not even recognize Cool World when it landed in theaters. Apparently it was recut with all new dialogue.

I would include Highlander II on that list, it was mind-blowingly bad. We all sat slackjawed at it's stinkiness.

Tom Piccirilli said...

Man, I have to strongly disagree with placing LONG KISS GOODNIGHT and EQUILIBRIUM on the list alongside so much true trash. They're both highly watchable, enjoyable films that at least in part embrace their own goofiness and transcend it.

mybillcrider said...

Haven't see the second one, but I love The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Todd Mason said...

Yes, The Long Kiss Goodnight is an actually good film, which actually has found its niche in my experience. Hell, even Nothing But Trouble is not only not terrible, but vastly better than perhaps most of the rest of the films the cast has been involved with (not too winning an argument, that latter, given that the cast includes Demi Moore, Chevy Chase, and Dan Ackroyd, but nonetheless).

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but most of the ones I've had the misfortune to see were - almost literally - unwatchable.

An exception - and I know Bill agrees - was the classic Long Kiss Goodnight. (I see there is general agreement on this.) Geena Davis kicked butt and with Sam Jackson as her sidekick, how can you go wrong?

Jeff

Fred Blosser said...

These guys thought that STOP OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT was worse than Stallone's GET CARTER remake??

Graham Powell said...

I didn't think SKY CAPTAIN was one of the worst, but certainly one of the most disappointing.

Anders E said...

I must admit I have a soft spot for CAN'T HARDLY WAIT. It certainly deserves better than to be lumped together with garbage like AMERICAN PIE.

Cap'n Bob said...

Showgirls wouldn't have been bad if they'd scrapped the dialogue.