Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Don't Crush that Gator, Hand me the Pliers

Officials say a 47-year-old man is recovering after he was attacked by an alligator at Lake Okeechobee. | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, FL: "Officials say a 47-year-old man is recovering after he was attacked by an alligator at Lake Okeechobee.

According to a news release from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Antonio Prado was using a net to catch fish at Nubbin Slough in Lake Okeechobee on Monday afternoon when he was attacked by the alligator.

Prado was dragged under the water by the alligator, which bit him on his arm and chest. The alligator released Prado after the man's 24-year-old son threw a pair of pliers at it."

6 comments:

Mack said...

Great headline for the post. I wonder how many readers remember Firesign Theater.

Unknown said...

Probably just some of us "less young" folks.

Scott Cupp said...

I was Waiting for the Blogger or someone like him.

Mack said...

I think we're all Bloggers on This Bus.

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

Nothing beats a good FST reference.

"Everything You Blog is Wrong!"

Richard R said...

Next time I go into the swamp, I'll be sure to wear my tool belt.