Thursday, August 06, 2009

From an Interview with Chris Isaak

Chris Isaak considers himself "Mr. Lucky" | Houston Music | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle: "Q: You've covered Solitary Man — is there a better song out there?

A:No. And if you have a second, get the book by David Wild about Neil Diamond. It will fill you in and make you realize why without Neil Diamond, the USA would probably not be free, and you and I and many others would be working in chains in a sewage plant someplace."

And keep off our lawns, too!

6 comments:

Graham Powell said...

He's playing the House O' Blues in Dallas on Sunday. And I'm gonna miss it.

The show I most regret missing was his tour with Natalie Merchant (of 10,000 Maniacs) a few years ago. They were in town and gone before I ever heard about it.

jj solari said...

let me see if i have this right: without neil diamond america would not be free: and we would all be working in a sewage plant. ya know, i think the only thing that can screw up the country more than lawyers in office would be musicians in office.

MysterLynch said...

Huge fan of Chris. I have seen him 5 or 6 times.

New album isn't great, but his overall body of work is good.

jj solari said...

i just watched a few chris isaak videos to see who the hell he is. i feel strangely like taking a bath.

MysterLynch said...

Graham,

Drop me a line and I will send you some recordings. I have some great shows from early 90s.

Bill,
If you are a fan, let me know and I will send some to you as well.

Gerard Saylor said...

Heck, I'll love to share in some Isaak recordings if you'd share them. I do like that guy's tunes.

I'm not enough of a fan to sit through that Tibet movie of his though. Isaak told a story about filming there in Nepal or Tibet. He had his guitar with him and told some monks sitting around. "Here is a neat tune of mine," and then played some Elvis songs. The monks had no clue.