Monday, September 14, 2009

Paul Burke, R. I. P.

Emmy-nominated 'Naked City' actor Paul Burke dies: "Paul Burke, who was twice nominated for an Emmy for his role as Det. Adam Flint in the gritty crime hit 'Naked City,' died Sunday. He was 83.

Burke, who had leukemia and non-Hodgkins lymphoma, died with wife Lyn at his side at his home in Palm Springs, family spokeswoman Daniela Ryan said.

Burke was featured in dozens of TV series in his four-decade career, including prominent parts on '12 O'Clock High' and 'Dynasty.'"

Hat tip to John Hall.

2 comments:

Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

R.I.P., Mr. Burke. Your first-rate performances on Naked City will live on in immortality inside my television-obsessed memory.

Toby O'B said...

I'm glad he got to do an episode of 'Columbo'. Despite all the great work he did in 'Naked City' and '12 O'Clock High', etc., this may be the one TV production that has a longer life in repeats on the tube....

I'm gonna miss Adam Flint....