Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Ah-Ha!

Time change could prove hazardous to your health | Viewpoints, Outlook | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle: "Although daylight-saving time was sold politically as an energy-conservation measure, it does no such thing. Studies conducted in Indiana prior to 2006, when that state operated under three different time regimes, show either no difference in energy consumption or a small increase in power usage during the months after clocks were moved one hour ahead."

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I have always been skeptical too. And I hate the dark coming so early. If we could find away just to steal another hour of light...

Stephen D. Rogers said...

I just wish we could move the hour back one hour EVERY day.

Laurie Powers said...

I know it certainly messes with my mental health. You know, some states like Arizona and Hawaii don't mess with this nonsense.