Thursday, May 13, 2010

Uh-Oh

Worst Idea Ever: Hilary Duff to Star in Bonnie and Clyde Remake | /Film: "Variety has confirmed that Duff will play Bonnie in Tonya S Holly’s The Story of Bonnie and Clyde, which is technically not a remake of the 1967 classic film Bonnie and Clyde which starred Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty. Holly supposedly penned a new adaptation on the life and times of the famous gangster duo.

But don’t worry, the supporting cast will surely make up for Duff, right? — Air Bud 3 star Kevin Zegers will play Clyde."

Hat tip to Doc Quatermass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an April Fool's joke, right?

No one, could seriously be doing this, could they?

I checked on writer-director "Tonya S. Holly" and found this review of her one previous movie: I am from the same area as the director of this movie. I really really wanted to like it and I can say without a doubt that this was the absolute worst movie I have ever seen - hands down. The dialogue was in many spots laughable, the director's daughter (and main character) was cute but could not act, and the plot was ridiculous and included a stalking panther and a character in BLACKFACE! As a Southerner, I was offended (as were the other people I saw the movie with) at the ridiculous redneck racist stereotypes that this movie upheld. Even the music, which was good in and of itself was too loud and in many spots didn't remotely go with the scene it was supporting.

Sounds great!

Jeff

mybillcrider said...

I'm sure you'll be renting it today.

Gerard said...

This reminds me I have not yet read that new bio on the crime duo.

Cap'n Bob said...

One step closer to the abyss.