Monday, July 26, 2010

Janet Evanovich Update

Evanovich Takes Her Bounty to Random House - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com: "The blockbuster novelist Janet Evanovich has taken her scrappy bounty-hunter heroine Stephanie Plum to Random House, leaving her longtime publisher, St. Martin’s Press, after more than two months of contract negotiations fell through.

“We’ve had a good relationship and I truly am sorry that we’re unable to come to terms,” said Matthew Shear, publisher of St. Martin’s Press. “But it’s a negotiation like anything else and it didn’t work. And I hope it works well for her elsewhere.”

Mr. Shear declined to comment on a report on Deadline.com that Ms. Evanovich had demanded $50 million as an advance for her next four novels."

Hat tip to Jeff Meyerson.
Urgent Message to St. Martin's: I'm willing to take $50 million for my next four books! In fact, to save you a bit of money, I'll take a mere $5 million a book. Just promote me like Evanovich. That's all I'm asking.

No comments: