Monday, April 18, 2011

Tangled

I'm so ashamed. While all you guys were spending the day reading books about doomed, angst-filled protagonists getting shoved along to their various unhappy fates, I was watching Tangled. And loving every minute of it. It's the Disney take on the tale of Rapunzel, with a stolen princess, a wicked stepmother, a handsome thief, and some anthropomorphized animals (a chameleon and a horse). And even a Disney bluebird or two. I laughed, I cried, I kissed the afternoon good-bye. Great fun. Did I mention how ashamed I am?

6 comments:

Benjie said...

It's in the Queue, and I'm not ashamed that I won't be ashamed when I watch it.

Todd Mason said...

"When I was planning the heist, I found myself watching STARDUST over and over. Then Ruth died, and none of it meant anything to me any more, I just got drunk, got in a few fights, then met Dolores...she was life and hope and she had a plan. We were waiting for the 7:30p show of ENCHANTED when she complimented me on my fading shiner. Aferwards she told me about her abusive late husband. And how she was just looking for someone...maybe someone who could help her with this little bit of unfinished business..."

George said...

Diane and I loved TANGLED!

Feisty Crone said...

My copy is on the way from Netflix. Can't wait!

Marsdon said...

Great movie - got the Blu-ray version from Amazon. Watched it twice so far.

I was a little disappointed in the special features however. From what I have heard, this was originally planned to be traditional animation, and they had actually started to make it that way, but they scrapped everything they did and went with the computer animation in the finished version. I would loved to have seen some of that supposed original animation.

Stan

Richard Prosch said...

I'm not much for music in animated features, but this one has a surprisingly good collection of songs! Great film!