Monday, June 06, 2011

PimPage: An Occasional Feature in Which I Call Interesting Books to Your Attention

My aunt Ellen, who has a lot to answer for, gave me a book for my 9th birthday. It was called The Book of Amazing Facts, and it was filled with all kinds of trivia. I loved it, and there's little question that it contributed to my blossoming nerdhood. I've enjoyed books of trivia ever since, which is why I was glad to come into possession of Eric Grzymkowski's Attack of the Killer Facts. While Grzymkowski doesn't guarantee that every fact is really a fact, the source for each one is given. What more could you ask? If you ever wondered how many cases of rabies were reported in the U. S. in 2008 or when the last member of the Bonaparte family died, and how, or the name of the only American bird that hibernates (and who doesn't?), this is the book for you. Check it out.

No comments: