Monday, May 14, 2012

Screwed Over by Google

Because I had a link on this blog to Mystery Scene magazine, Google is now putting up a roadblock to the blog for Chrome users and claiming there's malware here. This is, of course, total baloney, but apparently there's nothing I can do about it. If there's anybody who still believes Google isn't evil, this should disabuse them of that notion. If you're reading this, it's because you didn't let Google's warning bother you, but I have a feeling my traffic's going to drop like a rock. I'll keep posting for my own amusement, though. If you're not using Chrome, apparently you don't see the warning. I'd suggest using Firefox.

11 comments:

Randy Johnson said...

I'm here as I don't get the warning from Firefox, only Google chrome.m

mybillcrider said...

I went to my site "health" page, and it says all is well. The bastards at Google don't seem to care, though.

Anonymous said...

maybe it's just as well the computer I use is old as the hills and we ignore all update notices. Although I do wish I could watch you-tubes - can't have everything I guess! I enjoy the heck out of your posts.
Michel

Anonymous said...

On my iMac, using Safari, there's nothing different. No warning, just good ol' Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine.

lastromantic49 said...

We fly in the face of adversity! FLY, I tell you!

Anonymous said...

No warning - I'm a Firefox guy - but I did notice that some of your Bloglist isn't updating. I assumed it did that automatically, but, for instance, Mellotone is a week of updates behind. Not sure if that could be related to the Evil Goggle, or not, but thought I'd mention it.

sas

mybillcrider said...

Google? Nah, couldn't be.

Gerard said...

Google is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I have known in my life.

Todd Mason said...

And Google bought Blogger some time back. Making the bad interaction between Blogger and Chrome (and the even greater problems with Blogger and Firefox) utterly the result of laziness.

Todd Mason said...

As well as corporate arrogance.

Stephen B. said...

I'm on Firefox (and have been) and reading your blog, Bill, within Firefox browser!
SB